Pages

June 22, 2010

SSIS and Netezza: OLE DB Destination Bug? (Follow Up

Given that I have received some inquires asking for more details about the odd behavior I am seeing in the OLE DB editor when pointing to a Netezza table, I decided to create a short clip showing the described behavior. Here are my observations:

  1. The ‘FastLoad’ options of AccessMode property are not available via OLE DB destination editor, and you have to use the properties window instead.
  2. AccessMode property may be silently reset to its default value ‘OpenRowset’ which does not use FastLoad.
  3. Using “OpenRowSet with FastLoad” will perform better than “OpenRowset” by orders of magnitude.
At this point it is not clear to me if this is an SSIS related issue or if it is rather a problem with the OLE DB driver provided by Netezza. I will post an update as soon as I have more information available


You can watch the video here:


1 comment:

  1. Do not use "open rowset with fastload" if you have several ressources accessing the same table at the same time.
    fastload will integrally lock the whole table to insert the data.

    So if only one process, it's ok and fast, but with several process it will create problems.

    Rgds,

    ReplyDelete

I will love to hear your feedback and comments. Thanks.